Winter now in Bangalore has warmer days, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t cold otherwise; it’s just that it isn’t as cold as it used to be before. I love layering my outfits, So for me it is the season to pile up all those sweaters and jackets, catching dust in my closet. If you are wondering how to look stylish this winter and stay warm too, not to worry. I’m talking about how one can layer various jackets to suit the occasion while staying warm too.
I’ve only broken them to 2 groups – the Investment pieces that will last you for about 2 years and the Fad Pieces that last only 1 season, which are cozy of course with my signature style – that is chic yet simple.
I usually invest in expensive pieces like trench coats, tweed blazers and leather jackets that are time and fad proof and that last for at least 2 years. The colour palette that you need to choose would be limited to the neutral palette ranging from -blacks, whites, Olives and browns
1. Leopard Print Trench in Olive green colour – This jacket has a fad proof silhouette, colour and print too that will surely last 2 years, it has for me at least. I usually layer this with a cardigan inside or just wear it with a dress. If you aren’t sure of the printed one, then pick just a plain one in navy, black or olive green.
Leopard Print Trench Coat – ASOS
2. White semi-formal jacket in tweed – perfect for Friday casual-wear, the zipper details make it a little more edgy you can detach the lower part and wear it as a cropped jacket too. So what I do is, wear the jacket on a Friday to work and then when I head out to a party I wear it as a cropped jacket add a layered necklace.
White Semi-Formal Tweed Jacket – ASOS
3. Grey Tweed Jacket – that I’ve been using for at least 6 years now, which is worth every penny I paid. The silhouette and colour both are fad proof, the Tweed doesn’t catch lint and so makes it an investment piece.
Grey Tweed Jacket – Allen Solly
4. Black leather jacket – this jacket is about 1 and a half years old and has lasted me quite well, helped me brave the winter in style too. A stylish alternative to the all leather biker jacket. It has a cowl neck and a side zip, when left undone looks like a asymmetric jacket.
Black Faux Leather & Suede panel jacket – ASOS
Once you the investment pieces sorted in your winter wear wardrobe, pick one or 2 less expensive Trendy jackets or sweaters that last only for the current winter season. These pieces usually are eclectic and have prints or have an avant-garde silhouette or have chunky wool knits that catch lint after one season, so you’ll have no option left but to discard them or upcycle them. For eg:
1. Marilyn Monroe made a statement in these in 1962, apparently she was seen wearing this sweater during a break amidst her shoots as narrated by Baris. What’ I’m wearing here is a similar one; an over-sized Aztec-print Fisherman Sweater which would serve the purpose only for the current season. Wear a waist cinching belt with this to accentuate your body shape
Aztec Print Cardigan from – ASOS
2. Another Casual Asymmetric Cape in purple, which wouldn’t last for more than one season, as post this winter, it would gather lint.
Cape by – VeroModa
Blue Denim – Jealous 21 | Studded Black Canvas Sneakers – Westside | Blue canvas Sneakers with leather details – Adidas
So don’t just pile them this winter; instead, pick only those layers that are stylish, by investing in classic pieces. What are your winter favourites and how do you layer them? Do leave me your comments here and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest