Winter is definitely taking a toll on my skin and I cannot obviously use the same products that I would use in summer. I felt the need for something that is extra nourishing, to fill the gap and so tried out the Organic Harvest Activ – Retention Hydrating Moisturizer with Collagen amino protein, from the Sea Buckthorn Range. The use of the Sea Buckthorn in skincare apparently dates back to the era of Gengis Khan and Mythical Greeks, well-known for its rejuvenating effects while healing the dehydrated and damaged skin.
Packaging: Available in a green cardboard carton inside which is a hard glass bottle in green, with a pump dispenser and a plastic cap.
Active Ingredients: Organic certified Xanthum gum, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Beet Root extract, Collagen amino protein, Sea Buckthorn extract
Price: INR 1595/- for 100ml
Availability: Very few cities have the Organic Harvest Exclusive stores, but it is available in few Supermarkets (more info on their website). Although, available with most of the e-retailers including Flipkart, eBay, Bigbasket, Amazon and OrganicShop.in
Claims: No added colours, Free of Paraben, Mineral oil and Animal Ingredients
Staying Power: Kept my skin nourished, soft and supple for 6 hours in mild winters of Bangalore, India at a temperature of 18°C, highest of 26°C and a humidity of 95%.
What I like:
- Pump dispenser makes it more easy and hygienic while use
- On continuous use of the product i.e. twice a day, I saw improvements in my skin.
- No artificial fragrances for those who are sensitive to strong scents, I like that it smells of natural ingredients
- Nourishing lightweight formula, that gets absorbed easily without leaving behind greasiness
- 100% Organic and Natural Ingredients that are free from potentially harmful chemicals
- Effective on dry and dull skin, since it prevents moisture loss
- Refund or replacement of products if it is not used more than 50% (T&C apply for more visit their website)
- Personal beauty consultation available, all you need to do is call +91 9211238795
What might be a Con for some:
- Price is indeed high, when compared to other moisturisers in the market
- Bulky glass bottle that will make it not so travel friendly, for someone who likes to travel light. I suggest you use those small bottles, inside which you can transfer small amounts of such skincare products for travels. Read more such beauty hacks here.
- Availability might be an issue with those who do not like ordering online. Although, this isn’t a problem for me at all, since most of my shopping happens online.
Will I Repurchase? – Yes, if I do not find a pocket friendly alternative.
My Opinion: Although, priced higher than the others, I’m fond of the Organic Harvest Activ range of products (Also read the Masseuscious Damage Control Cleanser review), since they seem to be effective on my skin. The products are highly concentrated with supercharged ingredients that give the maximum visible results without even having to use too much of it. I’ve been using the Hydrating Moisturizer from the Sea Buckthorn range for a month now and I seem to have exhausted only one third of the bottle. I’m sure it will last at least another month and a half. I tried my best to review every possible aspect of this product and will keep updating the same in the next month of its use. Until then Do leave your comments in case you have used the product and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest