We all do agree that Sephora is a beauty heaven for all of us, as the variety of brands’ it stocks is vast. But we often forget to try out products by the Brand itself. One such surprising product I was sent was this Mineral Compact Powder by Sephora that is free of paraben, fragrance, talc, allergens and oil too.
Product & its Package: Came in a plastic container, with two compartments, the upper one for the compact powder and the lower one for the micro-fibre sponge, the container as such is a little chubby, but it locks well making it travel friendly. The Sephora Logo’s impression on the compact is appealing, I’ve used if for a month now and I still see the logo impression clear enough (I guess I’m not using it as often as I’m supposed to).
Price: INR 1450/- for 10gms
Shades: Comes in about 3 shades – Fair, Medium, and Tan I got the Medium (Sable/Sand) in a D30, ‘D’ in D30 means Dore, that is Gold in French, indicative of it being suitable for warm or yellow undertones. ‘R’ or Rose (pink) is suitable for those with cool undertones.
It is a light weight, easy to blend powder, with a silky texture when you run your hand on the palette. Comes with a SPF 10 shield and has a puff that can be used both sides depending on the kind of coverage you require. It lasted for about 6 hours after which my nose and cheeks got greasy
Photography & Editing by Chaithra
What I Love:
- The powder is light and it can be built up as well, because it does not feel cakey at all, covers evenly as well.
- The coverage is on the sheerer to medium side, making it perfect for daily use for skin types that do not have as many irregularities that need high coverage
- It did control Oil, but did not dry my skin either, gives a silky finish
- The dual sided sponge, where the darker sponge side can be used for high coverage, while the fuzzy lighter grey side is used for lower coverage, and the sponge delivers what it promises.
- Great for touch-ups
What I didn’t like:
- Price is a bit higher if you compare all the drugstore brands
The Sephora Mineral Foundation Compact, is great on the go for touch ups for clearer skin tones which do not need much coverage. I’ve been using the same for about a month now and it does feel comfortable on my skin during hot summer too.