This cuff bracelet idea was born after I saw something very similar worn by a friend. Also I had gotten bored of my bracelet and this was the perfect way to give it a new lease of life. It took me all of 10 minutes. You could further turn it into a new looking bracelet by just changing the fabric cover.
Supplies that I used:
An old cuff bracelet
An old cotton top (once my favorite)
Open ended black colored chain
This was how I went about it :
- Cut a rectangular piece of fabric approximately the size of the bracelet. Also include 2 inches allowance on each side to fold.
- Wrap the fabric around the bracelet covering it completely, like gift wrapping a present.
· Tuck all raw edges in so as the finish is neat and clean. Use fabric glue and make sure it does not unravel.
- Wrap the chain from one end to the other and then wrap back again to get a criss-cross pattern.
- Both the ends of the chain should now meet at the point where you started from.
- Tie the chain like a ribbon and make a bow. I wanted a little loose chain on one side and I glued it up after a knot.
· And it is Done !
I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed doing it. Do leave me your comments.