I’m honestly tiered of carrying a separate travel sized concealer, bronze, blush and a highlight palette along with a compact powder in my bag; for when I need a touch up, to attend back to back events/meetings. I have often wondered as to why we do not have all these combined in small quantities that is compact and perfect to carry for women on the move. Well, my prayers were answered soon, by Makeup Revolution London’s – Protection Palette in Light shade, with little of everything in one compact palette. I cannot resist anything that is packed cleverly to make my life easier or has a multi-utilitarian aspect to it.
So the palette is divided into 3 segments –
- Concealers on the left of the palette, In 3 shades of light, medium and dark
- Anti Shine Compact Powder
- Contouring Palette in 3 Shades on the right of the palette – Coco Shade Bronze, Rose Pink Blush and Pale Pink Highlight
The Concealers are creamy and are easy to blend, also offers a good coverage of acne scars. Since I have a combination skin the creamy concealer did not leave me greasy at all; I’m not sure if this might suit Oily skin though. The anti-shine compact powder sets the concealer well to gives me that matte finish, perfect to start off with the Contouring Palette. The bronze is pigmented enough to give you the right contour shade in just one swipe, the blush gives a lovely pink glow to your cheek, while the highlight is a little shiny and will leave you with a faint gleam. On a normal work day I’d just dab a little of the highlight that will give a faint shine.
Price – I asked my friend to pick this up, it costed me about £6 in London it’s now available on a discount at £4 on the website, but Jabong quotes about INR 1,148 almost double.
Packaging – Clean, simple and classy
What I like about Makeup Revolution London’s Protection Palette – Light:
- Compact and fits in your clutch, perfect for on the go touch ups
- There are 4 shades to choose from based on your skin tone i.e. Light, light/medium, medium/dark and dark. The one featured here is the Light shade.
- Comes with a full-size mirror too
- Concealer isn’t cake-y but is creamy and easy to blend
- Powder, bronze, blush and highlight are fine and light too
- Perfect for dry, normal and combination skin. Avoid the powder if you have a dry skin.
- Expensive in India, almost double the price it is sold in UK
- The blush kind of broke me out 🙁
- Touch-up required ‘coz the blush and bronze stayed only for 2 hours. I use this palette for when I have an important event to attend after work and my scheduled stay is not more than 2 hours. The staying power also depends on the weather conditions of the place you are at, perhaps the palette works more efficiently in UK or cooler countries, as it’s not as sultry as India.
- It might not suit Oily skin.
To check out the full range Visit here
The Ultimate Palette to Protect You; Conceal, Touch-up & Contour Kit on the Move indeed. Makeup Revolution London’s Protection Palette is that one travel friendly palette for all those women on the move. But then, avoid it if you are allergic to mineral makeup or silicones. Have you tried this one yet? Do leave me your comments or you can reach me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin |
P.S. This is not a sponsored post by the brand or it’s franchise, but an honest review of the product.