The lip pencil trend is still on and so couldn’t resist myself from trying the MAC Velvetease Lip Pencil named ‘Anything Goes’ – that is a matte rosey fuchsia colour, from their permanent product range. Why I love lip Pencils or lip crayons, over lipsticks is that I don’t have to carry a lip liner all the time to cover the outer line of my lip. Although most of them require a sharpener, this one doesn’t as it is twist-up one just like in a lipstick. This one in particular from MAC is deep and vivid coloured, with a full coverage that can be easily used over pigmented lips as well. According to MAC’s claims, this pencil gives you the “vivid colour impact of a lipstick with the ease of a mechanical pencil that is rich, backed by a clean matte finish.
Disclaimer: Sample sent across for review purpose by the brand – MAC, either way my reviews are always untainted and honest.
Packaging: This one came with a cardboard outer carton, the pencil is plastic with a plastic cap too and a twist up mechanism imitating that of a lipstick.
Price & Quantity: $20.00 for 1.5 g / .05 US oz.
Texture: Creamy Matte, that is light and but not drying neither hydrates; although not as dry as the Retro Matte lipstick range
Colour: They have about 20 shades in this range. I tried the ‘Anything goes’ which is a rosey fuchsia in colour, one swipe leaves a dark shade on my lips while the second swipe binds it all together with an opaque pigment.
What I love:
- The Mechanical twist up pencil, that does not require sharpening and therefore reduces wastage of the lip pencil.
- Sleek pencil that fits into your small bag and therefore is Travel friendly too
- It is from their permanent product range therefor you wouldn’t have to be worried of its availability, unlike the limited edition ones.
- Creamy yet matte texture that glides easily on my lips while application. But can be considered as Medium in coverage, so it is not as opaque as the usual MAC lipsticks, but neither is it as sheer as the Huggable Glass Lip gloss I tried.
- Delivers a Vivid pigment in just one swipe lasts for a good 5 hours, without meals and coffee. After a whole meal it does fade a bit leaving behind a stain of dull cherry pink on the lip.
- No Fragrance
What I’m not a fan of:
- Like any other matte lip products, I have to exfoliate and thoroughly moisturize my lips before application.
- Price for the Quantity
My Opinion: This sure is a product for those who are blessed with naturally moisturized lips, that do not need frequent exfoliation. However, if you do like the ease of a lip pencil and the vivid colour of a lipstick then you may consider this one provided the price is okay with you. This does have a rich deep pigment and a matte feel to it, that is smooth and leaves a clean finish. I do love the pencil and have tried it on a couple of times and is travel friendly too, the only reason I keep going back to it is the deep pigmented shades available in the range. Have you tried the new MAC Velvetease lip pencil yet? If not then give it a go, do leave me your comments here and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest