I don’t really own many lipsticks, but the same cannot be said for glosses. This is because I like fresh colours with a nice gleam to them, more so lip glosses give me that much needed hydration. I recently tried the MAC Huggable Glass in Mega Hug shade, which is a ‘creamy deep raspberry’ colour. A medium-dusky, plum pink with a creamy finish and cool undertones. It is semi-opaque, unlike other glosses this one is non-sticky with a smooth creamy in texture, when applied on my lips glided through well. Apparently, It’s a new, limited edition formula with cream-based color and a high-shine (Not sure if the limited edition part is true).
Huggable Glass gives a comforting hug of colour with immediate shine that wears for hours. The dual-phase formula glides on effortlessly for a smoothing, creamy colour.
Packaging: A Transparent sturdy glass tube with a turn-screw cap, that has a sponge applicator attached to it. The sponge is soft and slightly flexible but not curved. Another observation worth noting is that, this glass tube has slipped and fallen from my hand umpteen times, yet it survived all those 3 to 4ft fall without any damage to the glass tube.
Formulation Texture/Consistency: The Gloss’s consistency can be described as light-medium in weight and thickness with a creamy texture to it. Less sticky and slightly runnier than the other lip glosses in the market with a moderate shine.
Shades: Available in Ten shades, Featured here is the Mega-Hug colour
Quantity and Pricing: 2.5 ml / .08 oz at
Disclaimer: PR Sample sent across for review post by the brand – MAC, either way my reviews are always untainted and honest.
- Keeps your lips hydrated for a longer time
- Instant shine that lasts long
- Long-lasting comfortable hug of colour
- Features a lightweight formula
What I love about the MAC Huggable Glass – Mega Hug lip gloss :
- Less Sticky, light weight formula that spreads evenly on the lips is definitely a win
- Leaves your lips so soft and hydrated
- Normally I get a build up of unruly skin when I use lip glosses, but not with this one.
- The Vanilla fragrance that lingers initially is delectable
- I do have slightly pigmented lips, yet this mauve gloss gave a medium coverage to hide the same
- Did not settle into the fine lip lines also didn’t leave behind colour stains on my lips
- Shimmer less gloss
What I’m not a fan of:
- Smudges on your coffee cup, water bottle and you will have to re-apply after a full meal.
- The gloss’s shine fades in 1 hour, the colour faded completely in 3 hours. This was on a warm day, the temperature varying between 32 to 30 Degree Celsius, in Bangalore, India.
- The very little quantity for the said price
Rating : 3.5 / 5 (-0.5 each for the stay, price and the quantity)
My Opinion: I’d say that this shimmer-less gloss is perfect for me as a work wear colour that is light, creamy and hydrating. A comforting lip gloss with a light formula that gives a fresh colour splash with a lovely sheen, perfect for the impending hot summer in Bangalore. This is my go-to lip gloss currently, but I’d avoid it if in case I’m attending a formal event, that requires longer colour stay and when you do not have the luxury of reapplying the same. Have you tried the MAC Huggable Lip Gloss in Mega Hug colour yet, I’d love to hear your comments and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest