The ‘Great Indian Festive/Wedding Season‘ is never ending and therefore, demands that you own a pair of bling or two. I personally own quite a lot of them just to add drama to those simple pieces, be it sarees or lehengas or salwars. What I love about these are, that they are timeless and add the right amount of drama to the simplest of sarees. You are bound to look a “Million Bucks” in them. So here’s a list of Must-have earrings for the Indian Wardrobe:
1) Delicately Crafted Small Jhumkas: This one has the lovely “Pachi” work and the right amount of rice pearls in it. You can wear it with a simple salwar or a saree.
2) Statement Jhumkas: Temple Jewellery Style
These ‘Temple Jewellery’ styled statement jhumkas are a must have to complete a South Indian Wardrobe. Pair it with a lovely silk saree and you are all set to attend a Wedding Muhurtham. Here’s one way of pairing it .
3) Statement Gold and Pearl Antique Earrings: If you love Gold and antiques, then this one’s just what you need to own. Because this earring is voluminous and so adds a lot of drama to any simple Saree. My suggestion is that you pair it with a Red Mysore Silk saree which is simple yet elegant or a Red Bandini Lehenga Set.
4) Victorian Teardrop Earrings: A Victorian set is a must-have ‘coz the designs are so intricate, exuberant and there’s a certain amount of elegance it adds to your traditional outfit. This one can easily be paired with an Anarkali Suit.
5) Polki Drops Earring: Kundan works are timeless, especially this one which can be worn with a simple saree to a cocktail sangeet and also be worn to an arty evening while paired with an elegant gown.
6) Kundan Teardrop Earrings: Another timeless classic that is a multitasker, which can be worn to a formal evening event be it paired with a Western outfit or an Indian.