From fashion bloggers to top celebrities, every fashion-conscious woman is sporting the white sneaker trend. It doesn’t matter if you’re more into dainty and delicate outfits, you can still wear this trend without looking too sporty. That’s the best part about white kicks – they look great with everything. Surprised? Take a look at all the different ways in which you can wear classic white sneakers for the summer:
- Maxi dress and sneakers – Take a break from sandals and wear your maxi dress with a pair of white kicks. While a maxi dress in itself is feminine, the sneakers will add a bit of edginess to the outfit. You can complete the look with accessories of your choice and a classy handbag that will balance out the entire outfit. Opt for a maxi dress in cool or sunny shades that will be perfect for the sultry summer days.
Source: Fab Fashion Fix
If you’re afraid the look might be too frumpy, don’t worry. Just follow the one rule to pull off this look. Make sure your ankle is exposed and the dress doesn’t graze the top of the shoes. So you’ll get the right balance of feminine and stylish with this look.
- Dress down your formals – Most women own some formal clothing that we only wore a few times because they’re not appropriate for everyday wear. It could be a cocktail dress or a pair of formal trousers. With white sneakers, you can wear these outfits without looking like you’re dressed to a tee. Their casual look with balance out the fanciness of a cocktail party dress even if it has plenty of embellishments.
When wearing them with your formal trousers, you can wear any kind of top. For a casual yet professional look, you can pair the look with a classic white button-down. You can also wear it with graphic tees or sequined tops based on your personal style choice. White kicks can even dress down a fitted pantsuit so you can always play around with different looks.
- Skirt and sneakers – The skirt and sneakers look is a huge trend among fashion bloggers and stylish celebrities alike. Almost every kind of skirt will look great with white kicks, so you have a lot of options. If you’re into miniskirts, you’re in luck. Any design or material of miniskirt will look perfect with these sneakers. Whether you love lightweight floral miniskirts or edgy leather miniskirts, throw on a pair of white sneakers for the perfect look. You can also wear these sneakers with a suede miniskirt, which is one of the biggest spring and summer trends this year.
Source: Fashion Gum
If you don’t like showing too much skin, you can also wear your sneakers with midi skirts. From narrow pencil skirts to fifties-style layered skirts, you can use these sneakers to create a feminine yet edgy look. Make sure you pair the outfit with a classic leather handbag and oversized sunglasses. Complete the outfit with a vintage Victorian blouse and you’re good to go.
- Wear it with denims – If you’re uncomfortable experimenting with the outfits mentioned above, you can always go for the classic jeans and sneakers look. To stay on trend, you can opt for this year’s hottest denim trend – the cropped flare. It’s like flared denims but shorter and preferably with frayed edges. You can wear this outfit with a concert tee or a tank top depending on the weather. You can also add a feminine touch to the look by wearing a sheer blouse instead of a tee.
- Wear it with overalls or jumpsuits – White sneakers are also perfect to complete the overall/jumpsuit look. Maybe you could wear it with a utilitarian jumpsuit to create a sporty and stylish look. If you have a more formal jumpsuit, you can still wear white sneakers to make it suitable for daywear. This will add some flair to a monochromatic outfit.
Source: Blog Lovin
Instead of jumpsuits, you can wear your sneakers with overalls and a tank top. There are different ways to style this look – from tees to blouses. Overalls and sneakers are also the perfect combination to put a modern twist to a vintage Victorian blouse. You can finally wear the blouse without looking like you’re dressed in a Halloween costume.
So you see that there are many ways to wear white sneakers for the summer no matter what your personal style choice is. The idea is to dress around this style staple using the clothes you already own. White sneakers could be the perfect item to help you express yourself while staying comfortable. Hope you liked reading this post, don’t forget to leave me your comments here and follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest