Did you know walnuts are great for skin, packed with B-Vitamins. Therefore, reducing the onset of wrinkles and controls aging. It is an abode of Vitamin E, a natural antioxidant, that helps in fighting the free radicals. The walnut shell has the same benefits to and is induced in a mild face wash to exfoliate skin. You are obviously required to powder it first and then mix it with other ingredients, but let’s just admit that we’d rather pick something off the shelf than doing all this by ourselves. Exfoliation is one of the most important steps in your skincare / beauty regime, to remove dead cells and keep your skin glowing. Off late, I’ve been hooked to Himalaya Herbal’s Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub to remove impurities that routine cleansing cannot manage. Active ingredients such as crab apple, walnut shell granules help you kick away those blackheads, while wheat germ oil nourishes your skin with the much needed Vitamin E.
Package: This product comes in a plastic tube that is easy to squeeze and has a flip cap that is travel friendly as well.
Price: 100g at INR 130
Shelf Life : 36 months from the date of packaging
Directions to use: You’ll only need a small amount of the scrub, gently massage over the damp face and neck in a circular motion. Wash again and pat to dry. It is recommended to use this twice a week.
- Crab Apple known for it’s antiseptic, cooling, soothing and keratolytic properties, reduces skin inflammation while also removes dead skin fragments. It is also a rich source of vitamins and prevents skin cell degeneration and premature skin aging.
- Wheat Germ Oil, is loaded with Vitamin E, along with proteins and natural antioxidants making it ideal for most skin types. It nourishes and boosts the skin’s elasticity.
- Walnut Shell’s exfoliating micro-particles scrub away dirt, blackheads and dead skin cells.
What I like about the product:
- Dermatologically tested
- Safe for all skin types
- A Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic product
- Travel Friendly
- Exfoliates dead skin as per its claims
- Effective on Blackheads
- Does not dry your skin post usage
- Easy on the pocket
What I am not fond of:
- Contains Paraben
- Excessive abrasion can hurt your skin as the walnut shell granules are sharp, so be gentle while at it
Himalaya Herbals has a range of such products dervied out of natural ingredients, take a look here
The scrub sure did help me get rid of the blackheads that appear on my nose from time to time. Thanks to the wheat germ oil that is loaded with Vitamin E, it doesn’t dry up my skin. Although I must confess that it does nothing to remove tan from your skin, since it is just a basic scrub with light abrasives. Therefore, it is only perfect for those of you looking for a basic scrub and not a skin whitening or tan removal scrub. Have you tried this scrub yet? If so do share your comments on the same and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest