Last week, I was rummaging through my sewing supplies box and found a couple of things that could be turned into a necklace. So I went ahead and made one… Here’s how you could do the same too 🙂
Stuff from my box:
· An old broken bead bracelet.
· Some bits of fabric in 3 different colors and textures.
· Needle and thread to do up the edges.
This is how you go about it:
- Cut 2 strips in each of the fabrics with these measurements: 35″ length x 1/2″ width. You will have 6 strips. Also 2 small triangles to finish the ends.I have left the edges raw because I like the frayed finish.
- Use a small bit of thick thread or a piece of fabric to thread through the huge beads in whichever order you like. I also made small knots after the beads so they don’t slip before the necklace is complete.
Sew or fabric glue the two braids and the beaded piece of fabric as per below. Do the other side using the same method.
- Now use the triangular piece of fabric to wrap the rough edge and sew it neatly.